There are so many ways one can inspire kindness around the world.
What is charity?
It is the voluntary practice of giving money or helping those who are in need, on humanitarian grounds and without expecting anything in return. This can be done directly or through an organization.
Most forms of charity are related to providing basic necessities such as food, water, shelter, clothing, and healthcare. But any other action that helps a person in need can also count as charity.
What are the benefits of charity?
One of the greatest gifts we can give somebody is making them smile. With love, motivation, and opportunities, we have the capability to try to make their lives better.
There are also proven benefits to giving charity:
- It improves your self-esteem: Donating helps in boosting your self-worth. You will obtain a sense of satisfaction and growth.
- It boosts your mood: Giving to charity can lower depression. It impacts your brain, filling it with happiness and a sense of gratefulness.
- It instils a good habit in younger generations: Children tend to copy what their parents and elders do. It is likely if the parents believe in charity, the children will too.
This also inspires children to generally be kind and generous towards others.
What are the types of charitable organizations?
Charitable organizations raise funds for non-profit purposes. They can be broadly divided into the following categories:
- Education: These charities provide many things to improve or encourage education, such as scholarships, financial aid, school material, and amenities.
- Health: These aim at providing help and support to people who are sick or have disabilities. Charity can range from funding research to providing healthcare.
- Environment: These have to do with environmental preservation, sustenance, development, and protection.
- Animal: Charities that contribute to animal welfare and conservation of wildlife.
- Art and Culture: These charities often seek to protect and preserve cultural heritage and art.
- International NGOs: International organizations come together to help other countries to preserve or tackle serious issues.
Ways to charity:
- Help a stranger: If you encounter a stranger who appears to need help, ask them if you can help in any way.
- Teach your children: Teaching your children about charity and inculcating the habit in them means preparing the coming generations to be kind and generous.
- Donate your blankets, clothes, and food items: If there is anything you do not use or require, you can always donate it to the needy or an organization that helps reach out to people who could use them.
- Help raise funds: You can help raise funds for the causes you feel closest to by organizing a local collection drive, sharing causes on your social media, or participating in events that help raise money.
- Donate your time: You may not be financially equipped to donate money, but you can donate your time. Volunteer at centres that can use the resources.
- Donate blood: Donating blood may not mean much to you, but it can save somebody’s life.
- Shop fairtrade: Buy goods and services from corporates that work ethically and abide by human labor laws and conventions. Always support your local enterprises and/or places you know that work ethically but are unable to sustain themselves.
- Donate your skills: If you have any skills that you feel might be beneficial to others, teach them. Many charities or organizations require people with various skills but can’t afford to get people on board. Help them!
- Become an organ donor: If you are sure about your decision, you can sign up for donating your organs to people.
If there is another way to help someone in need and I may not have mentioned that, please let me know in the comments!
That’s all I have for now,
I will write to you soon.